Wednesday 1 December 2010

90's XI

So, I literally just had this idea. I'm going to tell you who's in my 90's XI, give you their stats and let the power of youtube do the rest. Then we'll have a conversation in the comments. First up: Curtley Elconn Lynwall Ambrose

98 tests 405 wickets @ 20.99
22 5 wicket hauls
3 10 wicket hauls
Best figure 8/45

Ambrose to Tendulkar
7 for 1

For me (and I am unbiased...) the greatest fastbowler of the last 25 years. He had no weakness and no peers. There's an interesting point made by the commentator in the 7-1 video which makes a point that people forget about Big Bad Dread; he was ridiculously unlucky and the main beneficiary of that was Walsh. Anyways, I think Ambrose is the first name you put down on a team of the 90's, so I did. Disagree? Comment is free

No comments:

Post a Comment